I got this error today when someone wanted to create a document set in SharePoint 2013. This small post shows a possible solution to this issue.
A user wants to create a document set in a standard document library but faces the below error.
The specified user of domain group was not found
I went looking in the ULS logs and found a good lead. There were certain parts that came up:
- UserAgent not available, file operations may not be optimized.
- Application error when access /_layouts/15/NewDocSet.aspx, Error=Some or all identity references could not be translated.
- Unable to write SPDistributedCache call usage entry.
I went to look at the cache accounts (SuperUser and SuperReader) because of the message “unable to write SPDistributedCache call usage entry” and I noticed that superaccounts were not setup correctly.
I was able to create the document set after fixing the cache accounts.
You can set the cache accounts using the PowerShell script located at http://www.sharepointfire.com/2014/03/set-sharepoint-cache-accounts-with-powershell/